VISION, MISSION AND DEPARTMENT’S GOALS
Vision & Mission
Every Bendemeerian can use the knowledge of Science to explore, understand and appreciate the natural and physical world.
• To use multiple teaching & learning strategies of science to make learning meaningful and enriching.
• To nurture a community of confident, self-directed, life-long learners who are ICT competent, care for the environment & able to engage the scientific approach to solve problems through an ALP.
• To enhance the capacities of teachers in effective strategies of science teaching and to facilitate teachers’ reflection and team learning in the learning organisation
• Modular Programme for Lower Secondary Science (LSS)
• Life Sciences Programme for Sec 1 Express Students
• Engaging Students in Authentic Research Projects with Partners (e.g. NSSE/NIE, NParks)
• Science Week
• Participation in National Competitions Organised by Tertiary Institutions