English Language & Literature
VISION, MISSION AND DEPARTMENT’S GOALS
A Bendemeerian will possess life-long competencies and be proficient in the English Language, for effective communication in the 21st Century.
To develop our students’ abilities to use the English Language appropriately and confidently, with a keen awareness of the purpose, audience and context,
in terms of Reading, Speaking, Listening and Writing.
• To develop an appreciation for the English Language.
• To engage students in developing skills that go beyond the classroom environment.
• To achieve value-added results.
• Sec 1E DramaWorkz – tied in with Literature Curriculum
• Sec. 2N DramaWorkz – tied in with English Curriculum
• Sec. 2E Story-Telling Module
• Sec. 3E/ 3N Radio Play Project
• Sec. 4E/ 5N Writing in the Morning programme
• Weekly News-in-Class programme for all levels/ streams/ classes
• Weekly Newspaper programme for all levels/ streams/ classes
• Reading Programme for all levels/ streams/ classes