Character and Citizenship Education (CCE)
Our school leads to build our students’ character and nurtures learners who serves the community. Our programmes develop our students as active learners and responsible citizens based on the school values of Integrity, Care, Respect, Responsibility and Resilience with reference to the 21st Framework and Student Outcomes.
CCE is central to the 21st Century Competencies Framework and Student Outcomes. It emphasises the interconnectedness of the core values, social and emotional competencies and civic literacy, global awareness and cross-cultural skills that are critical for character and citizenship development of our students.
Framework for 21st Century Competencies Framework and Student Outcomes
The learning outcomes of CCE state what we want our students to learn and attain in CCE which develops our curriculum in CCE:
- Develop self-awareness and self-management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness
- Act with integrity and make responsible decisions that uphold moral principles
- Acquire social awareness and apply interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships based on mutual respect
- Be resilient and have the ability to turn challenges into opportunities
- Take pride in our national identity, have a sense of belonging to Singapore and be committed to nation-building
- Value Singapore’s socio-cultural diversity, and promote social cohesion and harmony
- Care for others and contribute actively to the progress of our community and nation
- Reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues, as an informed and responsible citizen